¡summer camps!

 Week 1 of camps:  Campamento de Niños

Summary:  We started this week with a surprise at the arrival of 120 kids when we ready for mas o menos 60 kids!  The counselors were great and willing to adjust to whatever :)




My responsibilities: 
-teach the morning lessons (which I discovered is rather difficult to a group of 120, in Spanish!)
-lifeguard for swim times
-help with group games


Week 2 of camps:  Campamento de Pastores

Summary:  Pastors from all over Lima came with their families for a week of encouragement from God's Word.  This year's theme was the story of Samson.  Chris and I had 12 kids in our class of 6-8 year olds.  I really loved this week because I got to teach a much smaller group and hang out with my little girls :)

My responsibilities: 
-teach 2 lessons
-lifeguard for little munchkins
-help with games and songs
-act like Wonder Woman for a skit (just a blast!)

Week 3 of camps:  Campamento de Misioneros

Summary:  All the BMM missionaries came for a week of annual mtgs and get together with their fellow co-workers.  We did a Bible school for the missionary kids.  I worked with Kyle with the pre-primary and primary kids (who were LLENO of energy!).  Even though the whole week was in English, I found myself thinking in Spanish and forgetting some of my English :)

My responsibilities: 
-teach 2 lessons
-lifeguard for my kids
-lead songs
-a couple more skits


Week 4 of camps:  Campamento de Adolecentes

Summary: Another first day surprise at this camp: 250 campers!  We were prepared for 150, but God had other plans.  It was just crazy to see how many girls we fit into our tiny cabin (24 with 2 counselors!).  But of all the weeks, I think this was my favorite week!  I loved getting to know so many people and counsel many girls in their spiritual walk with Christ :)

My responsibilities: 
-counselor
-lifeguard
-act in 2 dramas

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts