updates and announcement :)

Well, I made it back from Perú!  (a couple months ago :)

It appears that I have completely forgotten about my blog.  The truth is:  I've been too busy!  Imagine that :)  So, I thought I would FINALLY update the world on my life.

 April = good byes + reunions

4.23.13- I said good-bye to all my friends and family in Perú.  It was difficult to part ways after becoming so close over the past year.

4.24.13- I walked past the airport security system in Ohio to see my entire family!!!  It was amazing to see them all again after being apart for a year!  (and I now have to look up to my younger brother...  oh well)

I visited some of my Indiana family before heading home with my family (back to the frozen tundra of Minnesnowda!)

May = family trip (and some work)

We took a family vacation out to Colorado Springs, CO!  We did some hiking (and even stopped by Pikes Peak, in a snow storm!).  It was such a blessing to be together as a family :)  There were so many stories and family jokes told during the week!!!

It was great to just pick up where we left off as a family :)  I love my family!!!

June = work.  2 jobs.  'Nough said.

July = more work + missions trip

I took a week off from work to head up to Silver Bay, MN, with some fantastic teens from my church.  We were planning on helping with games and general crowd control, but God had different plans.  On Sunday, the pastor announced that we would be teaching, doing crafts, and... basically running Vacation Bible School!  We jumped into action and had the second half of our group bring up teaching materials.  We scrambled around to prepare crafts and songs for the week.

It was such a blessing to work with the GBC teens!  They all had a great heart of service and helped wherever they were needed :)  We had a great week of VBS!  So many new kids came and heard the Gospel during the week!


So...  that's my life since my last post :)  It has been crazy, but I love being busy!  I've started to get involved at church which helps make GBC my home.

And...  I have an announcement.

I'm teaching kindergarten this fall!!!!!  (I'm just a little excited!  But more on that later :)

Comments

Popular Posts