If you give a kindergartener your phone number...

I know I haven't written in forever but... today's story is just too good not to share :)

So, one of my dear little kindergarteners asked me to write down my phone number for her (on a sticky note of course).  I just worked my way out of it multiple times, but finally... I gave in and wrote it down (on a sticky note).  

I didn't think anything of it.  What would a kindergartener do with my phone number?

Let me tell you.


If you give a kindergartener your phone number, she'll probably call you (and this will probably be your conversation ;)

Me:  Hello?
Little Girl Voice:  Hi!
Me:  Um... Who is this?
Little Girl:  (her name)

Me:  Oh hi!  How are you?
Little Girl:  Good.

(pause)

Me:  So...  what did you do since you got home?
Little Girl:  I played a game with my sister.
Me:  Really?  What game did you play?
Little Girl:  A game with a lot of money.

(pause)

Me:  Did you win?
Little Girl:  Yup.

(pause)

Me:  Well, what else are you going to do tonight?
Little Girl:  Make supper.
Me (relieved for a topic):  What are you going to make?
Little Girl:  I don't know.

(pause)

Me:  What do you like to make for supper?
Little Girl:  Um...  (pause)  Spaghetti.
Me:  So what do you use to make spaghetti?
Little Girl:  I don't know.

(pause)

Little Girl:  Want to talk to my sister?
Sister in the background:  NO!!!!

(pause)

Me:  That's ok!  I've got to go now, but thanks for calling!  See you tomorrow!
Little Girl:  Ok bye!

And chances are, if your student asks you for a sticky note, she'll probably want your phone number to go with it...  

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts