open dorms



To put us all in the Christmas spirit, we get to decorate our rooms and show them off to the rest of the students!   So, here's our room :)

The paper garland, one of my favorites, was friend-inspired (and she has a sweet blog that you should check out too :)
 Favorite project:  newspaper wreath (and it's super-easy!) 

All you need is...
-some type of recycled paper (we used free book advertisements from our local library :)
-a hot-glue gun

Just roll the paper, add a dot of glue at the base, and repeat.  I lined mine all up and then glued it together (just watch our for the carpet... ;)





 I taped a green piece of fabric behind mine on my door, just for the fun of it; but I'm sure you could put whatever you wanted behind it :) 



And of course, food had to be present too!  This is cracker toffee and it tasted amazing!  I couldn't get the chocolate chips to melt the way I wanted them to, but it just gave the toffee more dimension ;)




And, last but not least,  pretzel buttons!  Easy, quick and fun (definitely a fun one to include little helpers on :)

Comments

  1. Alyssa it excites me SO MUCH that you have a blog! Yet another good way to keep up with you after we cease to live in the same building. :-) I have a feeling your blog is going to be one of those great "rainy day inspiration" types! Never boring, for sure...

    <3, Janell

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts