{firsts} in Peru

Well, first we had to arrive :)

We left our hotel around 4:45am to head off to the airport to start the day (after a quick pause due to a van problem ;)  On our way with all the Dunkin Donuts!

We made it to the airport and through security, safe and sound (and just in time for our flight).  And the long wait once we got to Miami...  We waited in the airport for 9 hours before our flight to Lima :)
Another first:  overseas flight!  Dani and I were so excited that we were finally on our way!!!!

This plane was huge!  It sat 7 people across and had fun TVs with tons of movie options to keep us occupied for the next 5+ hours.  And, I had my first meal in the air!  Airplane food is...  interesante ;)

I got to see my first glimpse of South America around 7pm from the plane.  It was quite the view in the dark...  hehehe ;)


I also experienced immigration and customs for the first time!  Glad I don't have to do that everyday :)



I had my first Peruvian meal on Friday (after we had all slept for a couple hours :)  I had lomo saltaldo which was uber tasty and a great way to start my Peruvian meal experiences!  I also tried anticuchos- cow heart- and it wasn't too bad either (just a little chewy :)

And my first picture with my roomie, Lydia!  It's hard to even pick the things to summarize from this past week.  So many great beginning experiences from market shopping to traffic to buses to lunches (and a cockroach or two :)

If you would ever want to send any letters to Peru, feel free to email me and I'll send you my address :)

¡Buenos Dias!

Comments

  1. So excited for you!!! The food looks delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You didn't eat the cockroaches for lunch did you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. How AWEsome is this, Alyssa!!? I love hearing the little "bits" from Peru. (and I can totally identify with not knowing which parts to share!) What I ended up doing in South Africa was trying to journal every day by writing in categories, aka, something I had learned that day, something I was grateful for that day, and a "special moment" that I didn't want to forget from the day.
    It's maybe something that could be done on a weekly basis :-)
    Anyway, I am loving hearing about it. Praying for you, AND thrilled for you and the team,
    Janell

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts