a change (for me :)

Isn't great that God has plan in mind for each and every one of us? 

Since we finished our classes, the next portion of our time here will be spent doing our internships with the churches we have serving at already.  We can make all the plans in the world, but have to be willing to turn them back over to God for Him to do His work :) 

While we were in Cusco, the Arriba director asked if I would be willing to do part of my internship at a church in Arrin (outside of Cusco and Urubamba).  I loved getting to know the people of the Cusco area and jumped at the opportunity (while the director and missionaries kept reminding me to "stay on the ground" :).  I am so excited about going back!  The crazy part is that I'm flying back... tomorrow!  I'll be working alongside some missionaries both in the church and in the Christian school that is getting ready to finish up their first year :)  I've only had 4 days to wash, pack, and prepare for the next 6-7 weeks.  This has all been an unexpected (but exciting!) change for me, but it has been no surprise to our great God!

My dad reminded me of the great verses from James 4:13-15 that say...

" Come now, you who say, 'Today or tomorrow we will go into such and such a town and spend a year there and trade and make a profit'— yet you do not know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes.   Instead you ought to say, 'If the Lord wills, we will live and do this or that'."

So tomorrow, if the Lord wills, I will be heading back to Cusco to begin my internship!  Please pray that it would be a smooth transition to this new ministry!

Comments

Popular Posts