a little more about {colegio} in Urubamba


During my time in Urubamba, I was able to live with a missionary family.  They were such a blessing to me!  They all have a great attitude of service and love for the Peruvians :) 

We made a couple trips to Cusco in preparation for a wedding.  On our second trip, we went to the statue of Pachacutec in the middle of major intersection in Cusco.  It's like a Statue of Liberty figure for the people of Cusco.

 Below is a picture of all the students at Colegio Bautista Héroes de Fe in Urubamba where I helped out.  There were 6 students in Secundaria (like high school) and 10 students in Primaria.  I spent most of my time with the Primaria students who were all together like a one-room schoolhouse.  I now understand (and appreciate) those who can do multiple grade classrooms! 


One of my favorite things about being in Urubamba was the opportunity to teach again!  I felt like sometimes I was learning with the kids because I would have to learn the new vocabulary as I taught :)  The kids (and other missionaries) were so patient with me as I added to my vocabulary!

The biggest project was getting all the final exams ready for the kids!  The curriculum they use doesn't have written tests for the kids, so we wrote them all.  It doesn't sound like too much work until you consider 4 different grades and at least 6 subjects!  But we were able to finish them all the exams and grades before I came back :)


Here's a video of the school kids singing at
the closing Christmas program :) 
¡Feliz navidad y año nuevo!


Comments

Popular Posts