ARRIBA: plans and prep...

Here's the other exciting part to my life:  ARRIBA!!!  This is the letter that I've been sending out as I prepare to go to Peru in May :)  It pretty much gives an overview of what all goes into preparing for my trip and what I need to raise for support.   My plan is to keep up blogging while I'm in Peru and I would LOVE to have your prayer support as well :)

 

       
    I’m excited about what God is doing in my life!  In May, I will be graduating from Faith Baptist Bible College with my elementary education degree.  Following graduation,  I will be participating in an 11-month mission’s trip & internship in Peru!  This program is called ARRIBA, which is Spanish for “upward bound” and is organized through Baptist Mid-Missions.  In Peru, I will be teaming up with a group of college students and a missionary family, the Carltons.

    From the end of May until the middle of October, I will be learning Spanish and will be taking 30 credit hours at the ARRIBA center in Lima.  This will help me to be able to work more effectively in the churches during my internship.  I will also be living with a Christian Peruvian family who will help me adjust to life in Peru and greatly speed up the process of my language learning. 

    Around the middle of October, I will begin my full-time internship of missions’ activities.  Some of the missions/church related activities I will be involved in are:

Helping and teaching in Sunday school.
Discipling new believers.
Leading a Bible study with other young women.
Teaching classes and counseling at summer camps.
Teaching and working in Vacation Bible Schools.
Evangelistic programs in public and private schools.
Evangelistic missions trips to different parts of Peru.
     
     Because I will be working in Peru as a short-term missionary, I need to raise funds to help me in this endeavor.  The total cost for this 11 month program is $15,012.  I am responsible for the classes’ tuition which is $4,500.  I need to raise $10,512 for the mission’s portion of this experience.  Baptist Mid-Missions has an account set up for any funds that I receive.  If you would like to financially support me, you can mail the money to Baptist Mid-Missions and designate it for Alyssa L.  

    I definitely would appreciate your prayers as I prepare to leave.  You can also pray that I will have wisdom as I work, teach, and share the gospel in Peru.  This adventure begins May 21st with training in Cleveland, OH, and then on May 25th, I will fly to Lima, Peru.  God has some amazing things planned and I can’t wait to share with you all the ways He is working! 


In Christ,

Alyssa

Baptist Mid-Missions,  P.O. Box 308011, Cleveland, OH 44130-8011

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts