student teaching :D

I'm already on Week 3 of student teaching!  I can't believe how fast it's going so far!  I'm really enjoying 6th grade, oh so much more than I thought I would :)  I always thought I would only want to teach lower el, but the more time I spend in this class, the more I enjoy it.  Now we'll just have to wait and see where God wants me ;)

My desk in all its finery ;)
So, week by week, I'll continue to pick up another subject until I have all subjects (by weeks 6 & 7).  This week I'm teaching Bible, (the all-time favorite) English, Spelling, and Social Studies.  I feel like I end up learning just as much from preparing and teaching these subjects as the students do!  Crazy...

 Here's a couple pictures of my bulletin board work (well, actually not really on bulletin boards... the wall also doubles as a bulletin board ;)

The Writing Process (to be used in the future for our unit on Historical Fiction!)



 Literary Genres over the couch and reader's corner (just for the fun of it :)


That's just a quick summary of the beginning of my student teacher experience!  If you think of it, I would appreciate prayers as I work with these children and seek to impact them for God :)

Proverbs 22:6
"Train up a child in the way he should go and when he is old he will not turn from it."

Comments

  1. I love the " Writing Process bulletin board" Keep up the good work. Prayin for you girl!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts