from life with 6th graders...

My first placement for student teaching is almost done, and I cannot believe it!  It flew by!  Only 3 more days left of full-time teaching to be followed by a day of classes at Faith :)  And then, back up to the best state ever:  Minnesota!  (where people truly know how to pronounce their "o's")

I have discovered that 6th graders say (and do) some pretty funny stuff :)  Here are a couple of my favorites...


Start of the day:  My cooperating teacher asked the kids about who was going to an event in Des Moines over the weekend and one of the boys responded with the proud statement:  "This guy!"

Reading class:  We were working on a graphic organizer and needed some examples of animals.  I was having students come up to the board and add their animal to our list.  One girl very innocently intended to write "lion" up on the board (in nice big letters) but instead, switched the middle two letters to spell "loin" :)  Another fabulous laughing moment (and I'm pretty sure she wasn't even sure what it meant, but tried to fix it asap :)

Science class:  We were reviewing for our test on Monday and I asked what a "wedge" was.  One of my very knowledgeable students shot his hand up into the air.  He asked "Isn't that what happens when someone pulls on your underwear?"  Bahahaha!!!  I had to hide my face behind my teacher book until I could control myself :)  Oh my...


And the one thing that I still have not been able to live down...  For some strange reason, homeschooling was brought up one day in class.  One of the boys then proceeded to show the way a homeschooler gives a high-five:  right hand in the air to be slapped by the left hand (pretty much clapping by yourself ;)  Daily occurrence now...

Comments

  1. Ah Levi! Such a great post! Fun times...my favorite is definitely the last one for obvious reasons :-) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts