Quotes & Funnies from 1st Quarter :)

So, we've finished our first quarter in Kindergarten!  It has been quite the learning experience for both me and my students :) 

Oh the things kindergarteners say!  I've started to write some things down (and if I wrote everything down, there wouldn't be any space left in my planner!).

Here are a few of my favorite quotes:

"Miss Levy, my middle name is Spike.  That's what everybody calls me.  Spike."

"Miss Levy, you look just like a fairy that I have at my house.  'Cept you forgot your wings at home."

Principal in chapel:  "Does anyone know what a conflict is?"
Kindergartener:  "Super-boy"
Principal in chapel:  "What?!"
Kindergartener:  "Yeah, he's in a comic."
(confusion between conflict and comic...)


"Miss Levy, I'm going to draw you like a princess, then I'm going to draw me like a princess.  Then we can be princesses together."

Kindergartener 1: "My dad is in the 20s family."
Kindergartener 2:  "Well my mom is in the 30s family and my dad is in the 20s family."
Kindergartener 1:  "But Miss Levy, that doesn't work!  Because then the moms would be bigger than the dads!"


During play time...
Kindergartener with a play cup:  "Here Miss Levy!"
Me:  "What is it?"
Kindergartener:  "It's a glass of milk."
Me (due to my lack of love for milk...):  "Oh...  No thank you!"
Kindergartener:  "I know what you want, Miss Levy.  It's actually coffee."
(yes, you do know what I want :) 


And...
I can't even recount how many times my little munchkins have been through house fires or had visits from police officers or have been rescued from high trees by firemen.  And the occasional visit from a princess or two :)  They are such creative story tellers! 

But the best ever was today...  We have a 3 day weekend due to a highschool tournament and one of my little girls came to me and said,

"Miss Levy, I'm really going to miss you tomorrow.  And the next day and the next day.  Until the next school day.  I love you."  :)

Comments

Popular Posts