Cool School, Cool School, CAMP!

Guess what?!  No matter where you go in the world, you can still find friends who love to do random things like bake and decorate cupcakes for 40 little children (all last minute :)  

Tisa and I have become good friends due to all the playground time we share together (with our classes of course :).  Like good teacher neighbors, sometimes we swap "stories of the day" and we usually just end up laughing!

I forgot how much I love God's gorgeous creation— the ocean!  A couple weeks ago, a family from the church took us out to a private beach to go jet-skiing, tubing, and snorkeling for the day.  

There is no way to even describe the fantastic colors of the ocean!  It's so blue and green and clear that you can usually see to the bottom :)  I loved my first true snorkeling experience!  The coral and fish are so vibrantly colored and it's like a completely new world under the water.  When we were out on the jet-ski, we even saw dolphins jumping and playing in our waves!
And then... back to Cool School!  We had our second water day to celebrate Week 5!  We ended up having to sit under a tent for a while because God added rain to our water day :)  But we didn't let that dampen our spirits!  The K3/K4 and K5 classes had a sing-off to show each other some of favorite songs that we had learned so far this summer!  And in true Guam fashion, the rain blew over and we got back to playing in the pools and slip-and-slides for the rest of the morning!
This past Sunday afternoon, we started our first resident camp!  Sarah and I shared a classroom "cabin" with 11 girls until Wednesday morning.  It was great to get back into the swing of camp :)

It was a blessing to have my former youth pastor here to challenge the kids throughout the week.  Many of my girls made decisions to be consistent in their personal devotions.
Today finished off the last day of our 6-week Cool School adventure!  We celebrated with a pajamas and pancake day (and one of my favorite books- "If You Give a Pig a Pancake")  I can't believe that Cool School is over!  I will miss each one of my little munchkins so much!  

Comments

Popular Posts