a {bit} of Perú


 Pacific Ocean:
In case you were ever wondering, the Pacific Ocean is gorgeous.  I loved watching the waves even though it was so cloudy :)

"Por cuanto me has alegrado, oh Jehová, con tus obras;
En las obras de tus manos me gozo." (Salmos 92:4)

"For you, O Lord, have made me glad by your work;
    at the works of your hands I sing for joy." (Psalm 92:4)
I had my first "water park experience" in Perú!  Their view of water parks is much different than what probably just came to your mind ;)  This is a park full of beautiful fountains with different colors.  We went with a team from the States who came down to run a Vacation Bible School for our church.  My roomie and I spoke complete Spanish with Pastor Daniel, Jonatan, and Papo for the entire night :)

Last week, we went to the Centro of Lima to take pictures for our Media Class.  We took a stop at a Catholic cathedral to take a few pictures.  I've been in a few different Catholic churches before but this time, I was realized something different.  I watched people of all ages come in, looking sad and empty.  They would enter the door, cross themselves, and kneel down to pray.  After a few minutes, they would get up and leave.  These people looked so sad and empty.  Praying did nothing for them because they were only praying to the idols around the auditorium.

This is why Perú needs the Gospel!  Its people need the Good News of Christ's death, burial, and resurrection so they can have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.  If you don't know this Good News, then you should watch this short video that explains what I'm talking about :)

Comments

Popular Posts