student teaching: round 2 ;)

Bulletin boards:  

So the creative side of me just wants to spend hours and hours on a bulletin board, but reality always kicks in and reminds me that "simple is good." (Mom quote ;)

This is one of my boards for 2nd grade!  It was a sale-rack find at a teacher's supply store.  It's pretty much like a game of Boggle, just up on the board.  Each week I created a new puzzle with as many words as I could come up with in the small space and the kids could spend some of their free time looking for words.  They LOVED it!!!  Some of them would have over 30 words by Wednesday :)  

The set came with tons of letters and it only cost $6.49 at Lakeshore Learning Center!


And uber-simple board for our...  grow-a-bean project!  For my science unit, I thought we should grow bean plants in plastic bags to help the kids watch the process of the sprouting of a seed.  I remember doing a project like this during my elementary years and LOVING it, and it was a hit!  I had the kids journal in their notebooks by drawing pictures of how their beans had changed.  I was impressed at how quickly they grew!  


The news got out quickly about our project and students from other grades were stopping by in the morning to check on our seed's progress :)

By this point, the seeds were popping their way out of the bag and I planted them in Applebee's take-out containers and set them up in the window.  Eventually I'll get a picture up of them in their "growing" state :)



Here's the final finished project that I first mentioned in blessings :)  I hung it up under our chalkboard so the students could enjoy it all day long!

Ta-Da!!

So, I'm down to countable days until graduation and I'm soooo excited!!  16 days and I will walk away with my Elementary Education degree :)  God is so good!

(and Peru is coming soon too!!  36 days until I will be in Lima :D

Comments

  1. Hey, my mom says the same thing. LOVE the bulletin boards. Sounds like you're a real trendsetter in the elementary wing ;-) Keep going strong til the end (or, "the beginning"....)
    -Janell

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool! I may not be a teacher or a crafty person, but I like seeing those things too :-) Maybe because I was homeschooled and we did stuff like that all the time. I don't know.

    We can't wait to see you back here at school and then send you out of the country! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts